phpEventCalendar :: About
phpEventCalendar is a MySQL backed application that allows users to post and display events or notes on a month-at-a-glance calendar. A user administration panel allows authorized users (Administrators) to control who can add, delete, and edit events (Editors).
Installation instructions and documentation are available through the links to the left, and in the README file included in the download. Additionally, you will find a demo calendar and a forum that you can post comments or questions to.
phpEventCalendar is free software, released under the terms of the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (GPL). You can read the license at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.
- Script renders a month-at-a-glance calendar that displays events that have been added by a calendar administator or editor.
- User administration panel.
- There are two user levels. Administrators can add/edit users, and add/edit any and all events. Editors can add events, edit their own events, and change their password.
- Adjustable weekstart. The calendar can be set to display any day of the week as the first column in the calendar.
- Displays in two time formats, a 12 hour format that displays 12:00am to 12:00pm, and a 24 hour format that displays 00:00-23:59.
- Calendar colors and size customizable through css file
- Simple template file makes it easy for people with little php knowledge to integrate the calendar in their site.
- Ability to limit the maximum number of posts, and the maximum number of characters per event, that are displayed on the month-at-a-glance calendar.
wish list/in progress:
- Recurring events within date range
- md5 password encryption
- multiple groups, or functionality that allows multiple instances of the calendar to share one database, while each instance maintains own data.
- Search Function
- Alternate views, e.g. week view, day view, etc.