phpEventCalendar :: Upgrades
Upgrading from v.2.1 to v.0.2.3:
No special steps need to be taken to update from 0.2.1 to 0.2.3 accept that you will want to replace the template and css files with the ones you customized for your 0.2.1 installation.
Upgrading from v.0.1 to v.0.2.3:
Note: phpEventCalendar version 0.1 inserted a value of "00:00:00" into the database time fields if the user chose not to specify a start and end time when adding an event. It was neccessary to change this behavior in v.0.2.1 to standardize the calendar's time functions, and to facilitate the addition of a 24 hour time format that displayed times in the range of 00:00 to 23:59. Version 0.2.1 inserts the value "55:55:55" as a "no-time" value. This arbitrary value needs to be inserted in all database records where both the start and end times are "00:00:00", if "no-time" events are to contine to display no time. You accomplish this by running the script in step 8. However, be sure that everything else is working before you make the database adjustment, or you will not be able to revert back to version 0.1.
- Download pec-0.2.3.tar.gz (or pec-0.2.3.zip for Windows users) from the downloads page.
- If the directory on your server that contains your v.0.1 files is named "phpEventCalendar", then change the name of that directory, so it is not overwritten when you untar/unzip the new release.
- Untar/unzip phpEventCalendar into a directory on your server. All files will untar/unzip under the folder "phpEventCallendar", which is part of the archive.
- Edit the config.php file. This file is completely different from the previous config.php file, and so do not try to copy over your old config.php file - it will not work
- Delete the createtables.php file
- Copy the template file you were using for version 0.1 to the "templates" directory under the new release directory
- The new release should now function properly, with one exception. Events that should display no time will show 12:00AM-12:00AM. The next step fixes this problem, but make sure everything else works as it should before continuing the next step. See the note above.
- In your favorite browser, go to the URL for the database_adjust.php file, which is in the upgrade directory under the directory for the new release. This file replaces the time value for events that have no start or end time with the new "no-time" value, which is "55:55:55". See the note above.
- Your upgrade is complete